Thank you for being interested in becoming a leader (ambassador) with OneShul and it’s parent organization, PunkTorah. Your interest is important, because without people willing to help, we wouldn’t have community!
Below you’ll find more info about us, our projects, and what the community expects from you as an ambassador.
What is OneShul’s mission?
OneShul’s mission is to create a community of engaged, believing, supporting, practicing Jews that are excited about being Jews in the 21st century. We aim to create a Judaism without borders, an approachable and welcoming community that accepts and even encourages honest questions and questioning.
What is OneShul Leadership’s “Statement of Beliefs“?
- We are doing G-d’s work. That’s why we are here
- We accept all people without judgement who come to us regardless of religious affiliation and level of observance
- We recognize OneShul as a diverse organization with individuals who may have different beliefs on Jewish issues. As ambassadors, we do not allow our personal opinions to change how we interact with others or how we represent OneShul. We keep our personal thoughts personal if it may harm the collective spirit of OneShul
- We will always represent OneShul in a positive, professional way that never degrades people’s views of the organization
- We recognize our importance to the community and agree to make a minimum commitment to a specified term of service and be reliable for that
- As an ambassador, we agree and act according to these beliefs
Why become an ambassador at OneShul?
By becoming an ambassador, you expand your knowledge and understanding of issues facing the Jewish community, but more importantly, you help create the future of this community. There is also the added benefit of gaining valuable volunteer experience and job-related skills.
As an ambassador, what can you do?
We want our ambassadors to feel responsible for the continued success of our community, and to feel empowered to take the steps necessary to create meaningful interactions. We always need people to lead services, teach classes, give lectures, write content for the IndieYeshiva library and make videos.
Most importantly, we want you to use whatever talents and interests you have, no matter what they are. We do ask that you check in with staff each time you have a question, concern, or are interested in starting a new program or opportunity on behalf of OneShul.
If you are interested in being an ambassador for us, fill out the form below and we will be in touch usually within 24-48 hours!